Dear Fellow Senior College Members,
Annual Meeting via Zoom Teleconferencing
Please be advised we will hold our meeting on Thursday, September 24 at 12pm. If you plan to attend the meeting you must register with the form below, where you can also renew your membership. Remember also you must be a current member to attend and vote so be sure to renew your membership.
Members will be asked to vote on the following six candidates for the 2020-2021 Board of Trustees:
- Al Arthur: Website design and management focused on Arts, Education, Culture, and Community.
- John Economy: Management, incumbent SC board member, co-chair of SC annual appeal, and member of SC Festival of Art committee.
- Deirdre Good: (Online)Teacher & Educator, avid reader, author, & Curriculum Committee member.
- Brenda Smith: CPA, Non-profit financial management. SC Board member and Treasurer
- Beth Sterner: Business Owner/Accountant, Community Volunteer, avid life long learner.
- Jim Owen: Consultant & counselor and member SV Finance Committee
- Call to Order
- Greetings from the Hutchinson Center
- Remarks by the President
- Committee Reports
- Treasurers Financial Report for Fiscal Year 2019-2020
- 2020 Financial Statements
- 2019-2020 Curriculum Committee Report
- Archives Committee Annual Report
- Special Events Committee Annual Report
- All Other Reports postponed due to Covid-19
- Elections to Board of Trustees
- Nominating Committee and Slate
- Member Vote via Zoom
Fall Online Classes/Membership Renewal Time:
Recently you received notice that Senior College at Belfast has just posted our fall line up of courses on the website. Registration is now open for the Fall Classes!
Although we cannot yet meet at the Hutchinson Center we have been able to move forward with online offerings. Through the perseverance and hard work of the Board of Trustees and the Curriculum Committee we are actually thriving. We offered a number of free online courses this summer to determine our capabilities to produce online courses. They were extremely well received. Most were completely filled with waiting lists and those without class limits had over 100 participants. We were able to bring classes to nursing homes and other living centers – an endeavor that we will build on as we go forward. In short, we proved that online courses can be fun as well as educational and intellectually satisfying.
Our membership year begins on September 1. This year it is more important than ever that we have a successful membership drive. With the online class offerings we have reduced all our course fees, but there are still ongoing expenses which must be covered. We hope you will sign up for a course but even if you don’t, please renew your membership. Now more than ever we need to assure that our Senior College will continue to serve, grow, and remain vital in our community.
In closing, thank you for being a part of this remarkable organization.