- A Senior College Board nominee must be a member of Senior College, and, if the nominee has previously served on the board for two consecutive three-year terms, s/he must have been off the board for at least three years (p. 6 of the Handbook).
- One may nominate oneself to be a member of the SC Board of Trustees.
DUTIES AND EXPECTATIONS OF THE SENIOR COLLEGE BOARD OF TRUSTEES (p. 19 of Handbook)
- To manage and administer the business of Senior College
- To develop rules, regulations, and policy for the organization and functioning of SC
- To approve an annual budget
- To elect Board officers
- To appoint a member, nominated by the Nominating Committee, to fill a vacancy for the remaining term
EXPECTATIONS OF BOARD MEMBERS
- To attend and participate in Board meetings, which are generally held monthly, but may occur more or less frequently
- To notify the President of an expected absence
- To prepare for meetings by reading material sent/emailed before the meeting about issues to be discussed or voted on
- To read and reply to communications regarding Board business, when requested, between meetings
- To complete tasks agreed upon at Board meetings
- To periodically serve on committees or task forces